DH and I have been very lucky to have the opportunity to live in a great apartment in a great neighborhood for the past 3 years. Unfortunately renting from family can make things very difficult and it's resulted in a feeling of wanting to move. My Grandmother is our landlord but because we live here she has let the house go a bit. We need a new roof, the ceiling in my brother's room and the bathroom are leaking. The basement floods, the heat doesn't work properly all the time and she thinks my DH is her handyman. After a lot of consideration we've decided that maybe it's time for us to buy a house, especially now that we don't have to worry about paying for a baby.
Looking at houses has been so much fun and I really hope we find something we love in our price range.

Day 10 - What is your favorite book?
This is impossible for me to answer because I LOVE to read and have read ALOT of books. My favorite authors right now are Janet Evanovich and Patricia Cornwell
I hear you. My MIL had us living in the property she inherited from DH's grandma and it got pretty ugly in the end. Not only were we paying rent, but she did nothing to maintain the property at all. Plus we weren't getting any equity. I was sooo glad to get out of there.
ReplyDeleteI hope you find the place of your dreams :)
Thanks Chick! We are paying rent as well and she keeps raising it which we wouldn't mind if she would do something to upgrade the apartment.
ReplyDelete